I thought a lot about writing this blog post, and in fact as I write it (now! live!) I’m still not sure I’m actually going to post it. I don’t really know who reads my blog any more, I’m not even sure why those who do, do, but I suspect this post isn’t what any of you are expecting.
Don’t click or read on if you’re squeamish or don’t feel you know me well enough to listen to me talk about my bollocks being handled by a strange guy.
Continue reading I let a man touch my testicles
So, dental appointment tomorrow (finally) to have the tooth looked at. Here’s a rundown of how I’m feeling.
- I hate going to the dentist even when my teeth are fine, it’s an incredible invasion of my personal space, and dentist visits as a kid were not happy times.
- I hate not really knowing how much it’s all going to cost.
- I fear how much work will need to be done, whether they’ll need to or be able to remove a single molar or whether it’ll need all my wisdom teeth out.
- I fear how much extra stuff wrong they’ll find which will need more work and more money to correct.
- I ultimately fear being told that ‘they’ll all have to come out’.
- I find medical professionals and their receptionists intimidating, cold and impatient.
- I have an irrational fear / worry about not being able to open my mouth wide enough.
Hopefully, writing out why I’m so worried about it will help me deal with it.
I want to not go tomorrow so strongly that it gives me butterflies just thinking about the time of the appointment. I am going to go, because I am stronger than my stupid fears, but it doesn’t make the fears any less troublesome to deal with.