So, dental appointment tomorrow (finally) to have the tooth looked at. Here’s a rundown of how I’m feeling.
- I hate going to the dentist even when my teeth are fine, it’s an incredible invasion of my personal space, and dentist visits as a kid were not happy times.
- I hate not really knowing how much it’s all going to cost.
- I fear how much work will need to be done, whether they’ll need to or be able to remove a single molar or whether it’ll need all my wisdom teeth out.
- I fear how much extra stuff wrong they’ll find which will need more work and more money to correct.
- I ultimately fear being told that ‘they’ll all have to come out’.
- I find medical professionals and their receptionists intimidating, cold and impatient.
- I have an irrational fear / worry about not being able to open my mouth wide enough.
Hopefully, writing out why I’m so worried about it will help me deal with it.
I want to not go tomorrow so strongly that it gives me butterflies just thinking about the time of the appointment. I am going to go, because I am stronger than my stupid fears, but it doesn’t make the fears any less troublesome to deal with.