As seen here and Facebook (which I can’t link to because you’re probably not friends with my friends, and if you are, you already saw their stuff). On Facebook you’re supposed to tag 25 people, and they’re supposed to then do their 25 things thing. Maybe I’ll post this on Facebook as well, who knows.
- I’m type two diabetic, through a mixture of genetics and too much pizza, your guess as to which has the greater effect is about as accurate as modern science’s best guess as well. I was diagnosed in 2005.
- During university (or as it was when I started, polytechnic) in Sheffield, I would sometimes drink 7-12 cans of regular ice cold coca cola a day. This in no way contributed to #1 above, really, no link at all. During periods of revision or ‘last minute finalisation of essays’ (i.e. writing 3000 words from scratch in 2 hours), cola consumption could exceed this limit.
- John Hughes, John Landis, Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis basically formed my entire view of the universe. Later in life, Kevin Smith simply confirmed it all to be true.
- I prefer savoury tastes to sweet tastes. This isn’t to say I don’t like sweet stuff, but on the whole I enjoy savoury tastes more. Despite the claims of the first GP I spoke to after being diagnosed as diabetic, my diet does not contain a lot of sugar, it consists mostly of savoury, sour, and umami tasting foods. I stopped taking sugar in my tea in my early teens, and while I enjoyed jellies I always prefered the sour ones (clearly off limits now thanks to #1). Note to America: By jellies, I don’t mean jams, I mean these.
- Clearly I enjoy food (as evidenced by my weight and #1), I most enjoy food which has a strong taste and I often find myself craving chilli based foods. I am not afraid of some heat in a food product, but I prefer there to be a strong flavour to match it. If I’m making home made chilli it’s not usually hot in a chilli sense, but it is often salty and has a very strong spice flavour.
- I spent several years at university associating strongly with Garfield for various reasons, but not least because he liked lasagne.
- I have absolutely no idea what blood type I am.
Continue reading 25 things about me (meme!)