I loved HeroQuest, even though I never really got to play it enough. I have several versions, and some expansions, in various states of repair, and that means I have a lot of plastic mini’s that came with the game. I’d mostly forgotten about them until last week, when I was wondering about getting some figures for our D&D sessions. It suddenly occurred to me I probably had enough stashed away (I wanted something durable, and lightweight that we could chuck about on the battle map and not worry too much about) so I collected them all up and yep, there’s loads.
Mostly unpainted though – but I set about fixing that. Finished up all the zombies (8 of them), and decided to start on the goblins (since both myself and Chris need a lot of zombies and goblins in the games at the moment). I asked Grete if she wanted to lend a hand, and she did, helping paint her first miniatures.
Here’s the resulting goblin hoard (I base coated them yesterday so they’ve gone from nothing to game-ready in 2 days).
There’s 18 of them all-together including one I painted years ago. It’s a superfast paint job, base coat, wash, dry brush, clothing, wash, drybrush, detail. But it does the job for miniatures you’re going to be gaming with.
Now, if only I knew where to get the 4 red dragons in hard waring plastic resin I’ll need for the next game … 😉