Been a while since I posted about the house and the garden (well, technically it’s been a while since I posted about much at all). Anyway, in March I moaned about some stuff. One of those issues was the brickwork around the base of the house. A nice gentleman posted a comment which I took seriously. We actually got the plumbing in the bathroom sorted out first, because it was easier. However, we asked around some friends for builders / brickies they trusted, and one of them popped around yesterday and confirmed it is frost damage, and it’s not a big job for him to fix. He’s sending us a quote.
There’s no way I’d have the confidence to fix it myself, and we need some re-pointing doing as well. One of the bricks is partially under the path so we’ll need some cold tarmac as well. Anyway, pleased we finally started the process of getting it sorted – he suggested once he’s fixed them up we coat them with silicon to keep the frost out.
Here’s the before shots so you know what frost damage bricks look like, and so I can remember how bad it was after we get them fixed.