We’re ahead of the game this year, kind of. Although we’re always late starters as far as Christmas is concerned, this year we’re better than normal, and as of today, it’s officially Christmas in this household.
- We got an advent calendar (chocolate naturally) before the 1st of December and hung it up before the 1st of December, this is essentially a Christmas Miracle come True.
- We bought presents for people the weekend just gone and some of the ones we have to post are already wrapped, and we’ll be posting them during this week. Yes, we are posting parcels to people, as Christmas presents, instead of just you know, forgetting, or not bothering.
- Grete has writers cramp from writing out our Christmas cards which will be posted before Christmas, not like the year we posted them after Christmas.
- I have just retrieved our tree from the cupboard upstairs, and we’ll be putting it up in the next day or so. We didn’t bother last year because we weren’t sure Fizz would cope with all the glittering things that hang off it without trashing the house, but she’s (slightly) more relaxed now (pictures of the tree as soon as it’s up, I promise).
- We’ve already started buying the food for Christmas, so we don’t have to spend 19 hours queueing in Tesco two days before hand.
So there you have it, Christmas at last. Nearly the end of 2008, near the start of 2009 and that means we’re uncomfortably close to 2010.
Of course, in some ways, it’s always Christmas in this house, since our Santa Clause stuffed toy sits on top of the book shelf in the lounge all year round, bringing us good cheer and joy.