We love CSI: Vegas (or just CSI), and we watch CSI: New York and CSI: Miami. I’ve always felt Miami was the weakest but it’s grown progressively weaker and weaker as time has gone on.
It jumped the shark a while back – but we still watch it.
Here’s a list of reasons why it annoys me,
- too many plot lines directly involve the team members being stupid, screwing up or falling to temptation.
- too many plot lines directly related to team members being the target of crime or involved in crime.
- too many plot lines directly related to Cain and his bloody family.
- too many pointless crimes with the weakest of possible motives. Yes, I killed those nine people because that morning they laughed at my singing.
- crimes getting more and more complex and clearly prone to going wrong (tonight’s story had a gun mounted under a car firing a bullet at a homing beacon on a chair in a crowded wedding which somehow managed to miss and kill the bride, no really?)
- totally dumb approach to actually interrogating your suspects, that always goes like this “you had a motive, so basically things got out of hand and you killed blah using foo and bar”, to which the suspect says “no, I was over there doing this” and the CSI’s have to say “well, maybe so, don’t go far”. Every. Fricking. Time.
- that. fucking. computer. You know the one, the touch panel one. Grrr.