Friends and Daylight Savings Time

We have friends visiting this weekend, which means that since our house is always tidy and clean, we can just relax and wait for them to arrive in the pristine surroundings of our lovely house.

Or, it means we spend a week frantically tidying, cleaning and washing.

You choose.

Looking forward to spending some time with them both, I should think we’ll mainly stay in and eat and drink, they’re only here overnight.  It gave us a good excuse to have a solid go at the computer room (mentioned yesterday).  We’ve moved a load of crap off the shelving unit in the room, made space for all my freshly unpacked painting gear (takes up a surprising amount of space), left some room for Grete to store some stuff, thrown away more computer stuff, moved Grete’s spare monitor so she has more desk space, and generally made the place a lot less cramped.

It probably won’t last but it looks pretty good for the time being.

Working and tidying has meant I’ve not had much time to get into any painting and of course I won’t be doing any over the weekend, but I’m sure I’ll get back to it next week.  Clocks go back on Sunday morning, gives us another hour in bed (or more likely, another hour awake), but it messes with the internal clocks on the cats.  Instead of being hungry at 8am/6pm they’ll be hungry at 7am/5pm and instead of being annoying and waking us up at 5 or 6am to go out, they’ll be trying to do that at 4 or 5am.  Usually takes them about a month to get switched over but for that month it’s hell between 5pm and 6pm trying to explain to them that they need to wait for a bit to eat.

I mentioned that to a friend and she commented on her young kids, it hadn’t really dawned on me that kids would pose the same problem on a larger scale, especially when they’re young.  You just get them used to getting up and going to bed at a certain time and then the next day, it’s all an hour out.  Must be annoying for parents and the kids.

Of course, diabetes doesn’t care about daylight savings either, so for the first few days I have to sort of slowly move my meal times.